1) Planning and delivering 30 hours teaching a week. (Substitution may be required at times). Additional courses may also be offered to staff at busy time.
2) In addition to the teaching hours above, you are required to prepare, plan, lead and grade student assessments (this includes carrying out placement test sessions each month), entering relevant information onto the results database and producing certificates and progress reports plus teaching related administrative tasks.
3) Involvement in syllabus, curriculum and assessment development.
4) Professional development to ensure high standards are maintained the BLC continues to provide high quality services to children, young people, adults and organisations. For example, this may include participating in team meetings, workshops, peer observations, team teaching and action research.
5) Participate in the staff duty rota before classes and at break times to supervise children and young people.
6) Provide student/parent/sponsor feedback and actively encourage and motivate students to progress. This may be in the form of a report or a face to face meeting.
7) Promoting cultural understanding between the UK and Bahrain.
Courses: Courses are delivered to a range of ages and may include a combination of General English Language, Business English, Report Writing, Communication Courses, customized courses/workshops or IELTS Preparation. The majority of courses at present are General English Language Courses.
Other responsibilities related to teaching and learning, QA, NQF and students may be required at times.
Job descriptions are regularly reviewed by the Leadership and Management Team.
Salary and benefits
Retuned ticket UK to Bahrain
Educated to degree level—preferably in English/Education/TESOL or
in Art or Business.
• Qualification in ELT—CELTA
• Excellent command of the English Language.
How to apply
Please find your CV to HR@britishlanguagecentre.co.uk
More jobs you may like
China, Beijing, Hangzhou, Xian
Spain, Palma del Rio