borrow something from someone
lend something to someone
lend someone something
- Borrow is used to say that we take something temporarily with the intention of returning it.
- Can I borrow your car?
- She borrowed $100 from her father.
- Lend is used to say that we give something temporarily with the intention of having it returned.
- Can you lend me your car?
- Her father lent her $100.
- Her father lent $100 to his daughter.
Did you like this grammar explanation? Get a free trial of our Online Grammar Course for more