||To practise forming relative clauses.
||Students play a word game, writing definitions using relative clauses.
||Make enough copies of the activity for the number of students in your class. You will need an English-English dictionary for each group.
|What do I do?
- Put students into groups.
- Give a copy of the activity to each group.
- Students choose a word from the dictionary that they think the other students won’t know.
- Using relative clauses, students write three definitions for their word, one correct and two false, and write them in the boxes provided. Monitor and correct the use of relative clauses as they do this.
- Group A reads out their first word followed by the three definitions. The other groups must guess the correct definition. If a group guesses correctly, they get one point.
- Continue until all the words have been read out. The group with the most points is the winner!