Download and print
Download a PDF version of this activity for classroom use with teacher notes.
||To practise the difference between FOR and SINCE.
||Students organize expressions of time into categories.
||Make enough copies of the worksheet for the number of students in your class.
|What do I do?
- Hand out the worksheet.
- In pairs, students organise the expressions of time into two groups, according to whether they are used with FOR or SINCE.
- Feedback as a class, and review the difference between the use of FOR and SINCE.
- Challenge students to make sentences about themselves using the expressions. Tell them that they must make two sentences which are true, and two which are false.
- Divide students into small groups. Student A in each group chooses one sentence and reads it aloud. The rest of the group decide whether it is true or false.
- Continue until students have read out all their sentences.
I was a teenager
a long time