The Linguaviva Centre
ERASMUS+ EU FUNDING FOR TEACHERS / PIC. NO: 945689764
Who should consider doing this course?
Do you answer “yes” to any of the following questions?
If so, this course at The Linguaviva Centre is for you!
• Are you a practising English language teacher?
• Are you returning to English language teaching after a period of time and you would like to update your
• Are you teaching English, but have had no previous ELT training?
• Are you an English language teacher who feels that you have been teaching the same lessons in the same way
for years and would appreciate learning about new ways?
Note: You should have a standard of English which will enable you to participate effectively in
the course. You are advised to have a level approximate to B2 on the Council of Europe
Framework (Upper Intermediate, Cambridge FCE, IELTS 5.5).
Aims of course
To offer opportunities to teachers
• To further develop their English language competence
• To refine their current teaching practices
• To examine different approaches and methods
• To develop materials for classroom use
Format of course
A two week intensive course run from 9.00 to 13.20, with a break from 10.40 to 11.20.
During the first part of the morning, teachers will work to enhance their own English language skills in General
English classes. The second part of the morning will focus on
• Language awareness and analysis
• Lexical development
• Classroom management and lesson planning
• Teaching the skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking
• Current issues in methodology
• Materials evaluation and adaptation
• Making use of authentic materials