The very young students have reduced time classes of 45 minutes. From 3 Primary upwards all the classes are one hour.
Needed are the following qualities:
• energy, dynamism and creativity
• patience, understanding and firmness
• a love of children, not just a tolerance
An openness to sing, chant, cook and play games, repeatedly.
At least basic grammar with a willingness to improve it.
The primary children follow a scheme of work rather than a text book and work sheets, so there is guidance but flexibility in planning and delivering the classes.
There are regular meetings and in-house training as well as a head of primary to help and support, but the teacher must be able to plan, deliver and review the classes independently.
We use the Jolly Phonics system for the younger learners with stories, rhymes, cooking, searching games, Simon Says and a variety of crafts. For the older learners there are film clips, project learning, escape rooms, English Speaking countries, board game creation, fashion shows and tv reports.
• love working with children
• experience of working with young children
• the ability to make classes fun as well as including progressive learning
• C1 level English
• an open mind to learn from feedback and other teachers
• good communication with all colleagues, parents and students
Salary and benefits
School Christmas and Easter holidays.
In house training, support and development, including the possibility to attend at least 2 teaching conferences, free of charge.
Uniform of t-shirts and hoodie.
Full-time contract, prepared by accountant with full social security payment and entitlements.
Salary depends on experience. Within the range 1,200 - 1,400 euros take home pay.