English Educational Services
GUARANTEED Language Assistant Positions in Madrid and Madrid Region starting in January 2020.. Both Primary and Secondary school posts in Bilingual schools. (currently 22 vacancies)
• Timetable of four hours per day, four mornings per week, with either Mondays or Fridays free. (Sixteen class hours per week)
• Positions going through to the end of June 2020, with a further academic year optional (2020 – 2021)
• Assisting in the classroom together with Spanish teachers of English and possibly teachers of some other subjects; all in English
• 1,000 Euros net per month with all school and public holidays paid until end of June 2020.
• Free time (to supplement your income with private classes, if desired)
• NO knowledge of Spanish or previous classroom experience necessary
• Help given with bureaucracy, opening bank accounts and finding accommodation. On-going support.
• Applications from couples welcome.
- Age no Barrier
N.B. Because we are unable to charge the schools or their respective education departments a fee for our services, we are making a single, nominal charge of 200 Euros to each Language Assistant presented successfully, to cover our basic costs of recruitment. This will only be payable once your post has been confirmed by the relevant Education Authority and you have commenced your duties..
Please note that in over 30 years of operation we have never charged teachers for our services. This is the first time we have been unable to cover our costs through the schools and education departments themselves.
All relevant applications will receive a reply: Being a native speaker, having a University Degree and an EU passport are the minimum requirements to apply for an Assistantship. American, Canadian, and citizens of other countries are welcome to apply as long as they hold an EU (European Union) passport.
Start Date: January 2020, and some posts available in February.
Salary and benefits
4 hours per week. 4 Weeks per month.
All public, local and school holidays paid (Xmas, New Year and Easter)
No traning course necessary.
** Opportunities to supplement your income in your free time.
You will gain valuable classroom experience working in conjunction with , qualified Spanish, resident teachers.
Posts are renewable for further academic year.
• EU passport
• EHIC (European Health Card) or private health insurance
• "DBS" or relevant Criminal Check such as "Certificado de
• Full up-to-date CV with at least one appropriate reference
* Fully native level English speaker
How to apply
Please state your exact availability and which passport(s) you hold). British / Irish or EU passport necessary.