Alba Inglés is a small, committed school with over 400 pupils. We are located in Osuna, an attractive white town of about 18,000 inhabitants situated 90 km to the East of Seville. Since starting up in 1995, we have focused on two main objectives:
-to help local Spanish speakers understand native-speaker English and to train them to use the language well enough for the purposes of communication.
-to take as many students as possible to a level where they can obtain official recognition through the Trinity or Cambridge exam suites.
We aim to achieve these by basing our teaching philosophy around the following:
• a long term staged, structured approach provided by course books
• imaginative use of course book or extra material to facilitate communicative activities
• prolonged exposure to the ‘natural’ English of native speaker teachers
Alba Inglés school is situated in the residential square, Plaza Guadalupe, in the centre of Osuna, about 3 minutes’ walk from the main shopping street and the indoor market. We have the following facilities.
• five spacious classrooms with air-conditioning
• a desk, standard whiteboard and computer with internet access in each classroom
• a projector with e-beam interactive whiteboard technology in each classroom
• a staff room with a substantial amount of extra materials and resources
Salary and benefits
Typical Timetable: Mondays to Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with two 15 min breaks and Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 7.15 p.m. (to approx. 8.30 p.m. in the third term with the introduction of Trinity exam practice). There may be some morning classes but not more than two hours a week.
Salary: €1,300 gross per calendar month, dependent on meeting requirements (see Qualifications) Full health and social security cover. Paid holidays at Christmas, Easter, local fair in mid-May and any other local or national holidays.
• EU citizen or in possession of a valid Spanish work permit
• University degree plus CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and/or PGCE
• Experience of a similar teaching environment to that of Alba Inglés
• Active interest in and experience of teaching young learners
• Basic IT skills