Hours: 23 hours per week contact hours + 4 hours training / meetings / admin
As a teacher at the London School, you will be expected to undergo paid induction at start of contract, attend weekly CPD and informative meetings and deliver lessons to YLEs, teens and adults on and off-site.
Courses will cover exam preparation, general English and English for specific needs.
The school will support training initiatives if in line with the annual objectives.
Much of our work is off site and travel time is paid at travel rates.
The school manages 4 company cars that are allocated for off-site work.
• Apply the QA system to reflect the Didactic Policy (Mission) in all areas
• Manage the classes and courses assigned according to the information given.
• Ensure the lesson and course content is coherent with the Syllabus and aims given by DoS.
• Ensure that groups and individuals are continuously monitored during lessons and collect feedback regularly in order to guide lesson content.
• Teachers are responsible for student satisfaction relating to the teaching and meeting of objectives.
• Any problems arising in or out of the classroom, staff room or at any internal or external site where we are teaching should be immediately reported to the Director or Quality Manager
• Participate actively in meetings in order to be continuously updated on new initiatives, products, services, and projects
• Participate actively in CPD sessions and professional training planned by the Director, Academic Manager, DoS, or CEM
• Carry out peer observations and expect to be observed by Director, DoS, and peers.
Salary and benefits
Salaries will be set in line with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: paid holidays, CPD support, personal CPD contribution.
Start January 2018 with initial contract to 30th May with a possibility to review.
• Senior teacher / Teacher trainer: CELTA, DELTA or equivalent, degree and clean driving license
How to apply
Please include your telephone number and SKYPE details.
Short listed applicants will be sent a Teachers Handbook with full details of work at the London School and they will also have support in finding accommodation.