The position involves mainly teaching general English to children and young learners (4-18 years) and Cambridge exam preparation (B1 level). We also have one-to-one adult students learning general and business English.
The contract is for 25 teaching hours per week. There is no weekend work and holidays are paid at Christmas and Easter. Full paid, in-house training is provided at the start of the contract and on-going training sessions are held throughout the academic year. Part time positions also available.
Inlingua Lorca is a small, friendly language school with British management. Opened in 1986, our school is located in the town centre of Lorca in the south-east province of Murcia. Our teaching team provides high quality language training for children, young learners, adults and companies in the local area.
Lorca is in the region of Murcia in the south-east of Spain and has a population of around 80,000. It is a typical bustling Spanish town with everywhere a short walking distance away. It is a great place to learn and practice Spanish with language exchange groups taking place frequently near the school during the week. There are many bars and restaurants serving tapas, typical of the region, and plenty of cafés to sit outside and enjoy the 320 days of sunshine which Lorca has each year. The coastal town of Aguilas (30km from Lorca) is easily reached by train and bus, as is Murcia, the capital city of the region. The nearest airports to Lorca with bus and train connections are Alicante and Murcia.
Salary and benefits
• Full social security cover paid
• Contract 08 january 2019 - 30 June 2020
• 25 teaching hours Monday to Friday.
• No weekend work
• Paid holidays at Easter plus any other local or national holidays
• Help provided in finding accommodation
• Help setting up bank account and paperwork required for working in Spain
• Spanish classes available at the school
• English at first language level
• European Union Passport
• University degree
• 120 hour TEFL/CELTA/ESOL certificate
• At least one year's experience of teaching EFL to wide range of levels and ages
• Be comfortable teaching different levels, including young children, teens and adults
• Knowledge of Cambridge PET and FCE exams would be an advantage
• Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage though not a necessity