The TEFL Institute
With all Thai public holidays off and a sociable work calendar, this 12 month placement will give you the means to really experience Thailand in all its beauty!
Based in the Northern region, this program has multiple locations in gorgeous towns such as Tak and Chiang Rai!
Salary and benefits
* 3 – 4 days orientation upon arrival in Thailand. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about Thai culture, Thai language and more about the Thai school environment. There is an extra cost upon arrival of up to 5,000 Thai Baht.
* 1-year contract in a Thai school
* Salary of 33,000 to 35,000 Thai baht per month
* Support to move into a furnished and air-conditioned apartment
* 24/7 support from our English-speaking partners in Thailand
* Basic accident insurance
* Subsidised sightseeing excursions in the North of Thailand
* All visa extensions & work permit paperwork processed by our partners; however, costs are covered by you (the teacher). Upon successful completion of a 1-year contract, you will receive a reimbursement.
* Assistance to open a Personal Thai Savings Bank Account with a Visa ATM Card
* Support to acquire a Thai Sim Card
* Opportunity to earn extra money at language schools, one-on-one private tuition at students’ homes or your own home, or through one of the many online platforms. Teachers in Thailand that also teach online or at language schools etc. earn on average an extra 10,000-30,000 Baht/Month. However, you must be willing to commit your evenings & weekends!
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- TEFL qualification (included)
- Available for a 12-month contract
- No criminal record
- 22 – 60 years of age.
What do you need to organise?
- International flights
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Budget: Each applicant should have the equivalent of 1,000 USD for the first month
- Travel insurance: Each successful applicant should purchase individual comprehensive cover for travel & medical insurance
- Vaccines: Consult your local Medical Centre.
- Visa: You’ll be provided with the paperwork to obtain a Non-B Visa from the Thai Embassy in your home country. The cost is your responsibility; however, it is inexpensive.