The TEFL Institute
Did you know? Over 10,000 survey participants ranked Taiwan as the best destination in the world for expats in 2019, 2020 and 2021. The main reasons included:
- The ease of settling in
- Excellent quality of life
- High quality, affordable medical care (critical during the pandemic).
Teaching is one of the most rewarding professions you can choose, so why not teach in Taiwan and gain memories of a lifetime?
Salary and benefits
* Monthly allowance NT$46,500 – $60,000 ($1,500 USD)
* 120 hours Advanced TEFL Course + 10 hour Virtual Course incl. Teaching Practice
* Airport pick-up & transfers
* Complimentary hotel for 3 weeks on arrival (quarantine + orientation)
* Accommodation assistance
* Opportunity to teach younger learners
* 2 weeks’ vacation & public holidays off
* Mandarin lessons (3 free)
* Interest-free relocation loan up to NT$30,000 ($1,000)
* Visa & work permit sponsorship
* In-country medical & access to Taiwanese health care
* Ongoing in-country support
- Passport holder from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland or New Zealand
- 120 Hour Advanced Course (included in training pack)
- Aged 21 to 40 years old
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree or higher
- Valid passport in date for at least 2 years
- Have a hard work ethic, enthusiasm, flexibility & an open mind to a new culture
What do I need to organise?
- International flights
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Budget: Have money for your first 9 weeks for meals out etc.
- Travel insurance: Comprehensive cover for travel & medical insurance
- Vaccines: Consult your doctor
- Visa: We can assist with this but please make sure your passport is in date for at least two years.