Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
• Excellent salary: 15,000 to 17,500 RMB per month (approx. 2,100 to 2,500 USD per month)
• Monday to Friday work schedule, weekends off
• On-going professional development and training
ESL Jobs in Xiamen and Hangzhou
Our international school is now recruiting positive, patient and energetic English teachers for our modern school in Xiamen and Hangzhou. The school is managed collaboratively by AU Group and Professor Fthenakis, who is considered to be the father of German early childhood education. Our teachers work with students aged 2 to 6 year old, while instructing in small classroom sizes of 20 students per class allows our teachers to better understand individual children’s needs.
Our school takes “lighting up the future of children” as its mission and implements a program based on Co-Constructivism. It applies mixed-age classes, bilingual (Chinese and English) immersion program and STEM teaching, aiming to bring up the next generation talents of international innovation with multicultural background.
Teach English in Xiamen
Located at the southeast coast of China, Xiamen is a tourist city of Fujian Province famous for its attractive seascape. The name of ‘Xiamen’ was consequently given, which means ‘a gate of China’. As one of the forerunners of the special economic zones of China, Xiamen mainly consisting of Xiamen Island, Gulangyu Island, the north bank area of the Jiulong River and Tong’an County, is connected with the mainland by the Xiamen Bridge. The city is well known for its beautiful natural scenery, fresh air and a clean environment.
Xiamen has plenty of special local products that are worth noting, including various kinds of tea leaves, fruits like sugarcanes, olives and longans as well as sea products such as fish, prawns, crabs, abalones and lancelets.
There is a famous saying in China: 上有天堂 下有苏杭, “Above, there is heaven. Below there is Hangzhou and Suzhou.” Regarded as one of the two paradises on earth by the Chinese people, Hangzhou offers an ideal destination for anyone seeking to live and teach in China.
Hangzhou is the capital of Zhejiang province and is located not far south of Shanghai. The city is regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in China with numerous historic relics and natural beauty. Most famous for its picturesque West Lake, elected as a National Key Scenic location due to its historical and cultural significance and many temples, pagodas, ponds and plants.
The city is one of the most livable in China with a natural balance of local Chinese culture and Western amenities providing a dynamic atmosphere of live music, cafes and bars, a variety of events and an eclectic mixture of people from all over the world. Mix a buzzing city with a pleasant year round climate and low cost of living and you see why Hangzhou has earned the reputation it has.
Main Responsibilities -
• Maximum of 40 working hours per week (immersion classes)
• Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
• Saturday and Sunday weekends off
• Develop English curriculum and lesson plans with a Chinese teacher
• Use different strategies to teach children of different English proficiency levels, provides continual assessment of student progress, maintain student records and portfolios
• Develop each child’s self-esteem, self-confidence, autonomy, and assume responsibility for indoor and outdoor care in order to ensure the safety of the students
• Respond quickly to children individual needs (verbal and non-verbal) by taking into consideration personality, capability and cultural difference of each child
• Communicate with team members and parents about student’s progress, participates in parent-teacher meetings and other meetings
• Attend and participate regularly in teaching and research activities, staff meetings, training and other meetings organized by the kindergarten
• Participate in kindergarten activities
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Create an inspiring, welcoming atmosphere for students
• Other duties as assigned
Salary and benefits
+ Sponsored legal ‘Z’ work visa
+ Airfare reimbursement up to 8000 RMB per year
+ Airport pick up upon arrival
+ Housing allowance of 2,000 RMB per month
+ 14 days vacation during Chinese New Year and other legal holidays in China
+ Free lunch during working days
+ Medical insurance
+ On-going professional development and training
• Two years of kindergarten teaching experience
• TEFL or TESOL certification is a plus (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• First AD and CPR certification preferred
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand
• Notarised and clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months
How to apply
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Availability to start work
• Preferences for locations and student ages
• Include in the subject heading the reference no. EBFIXM2Y
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.