EF Education First
With 25-minute class-blocks from morning through early afternoon 7 days a week, this rewarding role can be the perfect fit for your already busy life. You can connect from home - or anywhere in the UK or US – and teach the same students week after week.
Set your own schedule so that teaching fits into your life. Our students want to book lessons with the same teacher, at the same time each week for at least four to eight consecutive weeks. Repeat students offer you a great opportunity to build impactful relationships with students and increase your income.
Join EF with the confidence that you can set yourself up for success with:
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including EF-sponsored training (UK) or Q&A session (US)
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to our high-quality lesson materials
- 24/7 teacher support
- Local UK and US EF headquarters for easy communication and payment
- UK teachers: Paid holiday policy and EF pension participation
“I am learning from students every day and feel like I’m really making a difference in students' lives. It’s very rewarding with EF.” – EF Online Teacher
“I have found that I love one-on-one teaching even more than classroom teaching. It gets to heart of what students need faster.” – EF Online Teacher
“Because EF has been so wonderful with me, a rarity, it makes me want to do more -- and I love teaching on top of that.” – EF Online Teacher
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging one-on-one online classes to kids ages 6 to 10
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Have access to prepared lesson materials… and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
Salary and benefits
Offers start at £9.35 per hour with opportunities to earn up to £11.48 per hour plus bonuses and holiday pay.
Offers start at $13 per hour with opportunities to earn up to $19 per hour, based on starting qualifications and potential supplemental fees for repeat bookings and lessons completed during our weekday peak. Many new teachers earn between $14 and $17 per service hour. This is an independent contractor position.
- Ability to connect with kids!
- Native English speaker with a Bachelor's degree in any field
- 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher): submit now or provide when obtained at beginning of contract term
- Experience in early childhood development, teaching, coaching or mentoring is preferred, but not required. Life experiences count
- Excellent cultural awareness, communication and motivational skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of student engagement satisfaction
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and wired Ethernet connection
- UK teachers: Willing to complete an online Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, reimbursed after the successful completion of probation
- US teachers: Willing to submit an online background check, at no cost to you
Candidates MUST have availability to teach during proposed time-frame(s) to be considered for a position at EF:
- Availability during lesson times for the China timezone:
UK teachers: Our peak hours are weekday mornings (10:00am GMT to 12:30pm GMT); we also have lessons weekend mornings (9:00am GMT to 1:00pm GMT).
US teachers: Our peak hours are weekday mornings (4:00am EST to 8:30am EST); we also have lessons weekend nights/mornings (Friday night 8:00pm EST to Saturday morning 8:00am EST and Saturday night 8:00pm EST to Sunday morning 8:00am EST).
- Students want to book lessons with the same teacher for at least four to eight consecutive weeks during the same timeslot each week
How to apply
During the registration process you will be asked for your teaching preference (adults or kids). You should state that you are interested in teaching kids.