Phoenix Sister Cities is seeking college graduates for the opportunity to live and work abroad in our oldest Sister City: Himeji, Japan. Participants will travel to Himeji, Japan for a one -year contract with Phoenix Sister Cities Teach Abroad Program. There are opportunities offered to both certified teachers, as well as students of any major to serve as teaching assistants. All participants will be recognized as an employee of the Himeji Board of Education and receive a monthly salary.
The Contract Includes:
• Salary ranging from $3,248 - $3,681 per month depending on teaching experience.
• A newly -built, city -owned, western -styled apartment offered in both single and family sizes (prices vary).
• Health insurance provided by the Himeji Board of Education including National Health, Employment, Pension, and Accident Insurance.
• Airfare to and from Himeji, Japan covered by the Himeji Board of Education.
Salary and benefits
• College graduate with proof of diploma
• Currently residing in the metropolitan Phoenix area
• Native speaker or very fluent in English
How to apply
The application is online, accompanied by a preview document with all the necessary parts of the application.
You must complete the application in one sitting. You CANNOT save your progress or responses and return to the application at a later date to complete it. We highly recommend you prepare your employment history, teaching experience, and essay portions in advance in a Word document prior to beginning the application. A Teach Abroad Application Preview PDF is available to help you prepare your responses before beginning the Google form.