All residential staff assist in both providing the students’ 24/7 pastoral care and as well as ensuring the students receive an entertaining activities and excursions programme.
The week is divided into various duties and staff will receive a weekly rota detailing the duties they are working each day. Typically this may involve the following: wake up/bed time duties, meal monitoring and supervisory duties, English tuition (up to 25 hrs per week), afternoon and evening activities, full day or half day excursions and trips, meet and greet on arrival days, airport check-in assistance on departure days and general pastoral care and welfare.
Salary and benefits
• CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent, PGCE in English or Modern Foreign Language, PGCE (Primary)
• University degree (in relevant subject area for Specialist Counsellor)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to engage children
• Willingness and ability to participate fully and enthusiastically with the students' activity programme
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
• At least 1 year's teaching experience
• Experience of working on a residential summer school
• Experience of working with students aged 10-18
• First Aid
• Experience in leading workshops/sessions in art, music, sports, journalism or drama