• Supervise daily recreational and social activities for groups of students. You will be in charge of groups of 8 to 12 children.
• Explain activities, play games and instruct workshops: sports, arts and crafts, theatre, music, dance, etc... The participants will rely on you to guide them through their activities and you must have both the charisma to work with a group and the sensitivity to listen to the individual.
• Tend to campers’ requirements/needs.
• Make sure the campers speak and hear as much English as possible.
• Enforce safety rules and regulations, and ensure the safety and well-being of the campers.
• This demanding role requires constant energy and enthusiasm. You will be a role model, teacher, mediator, comedian and friend. In these residential camps, you'll be with the children 24 hours a day.
• Overseeing appropriate behaviour at meal times.
• Chaperoning on the bus trip from Madrid to the venue and back.
• Volunteers pick-ups and drop-offs in Madrid.
• Location: Our camps take place at a number of rural resorts (all with an assortment of sports and leisure facilities)
• Ages: Kids - 7 to 12 years old and Teens - 13 to 18 years old.
• Schedule: Residential Camp. Full time.
We have FOUR weeks of our “traditional” Pueblo Inglés Kids & Teens programs:
Week 1: Training on the 26th of June, pickups and logistics on the 27th of June, camp from the 28th of June to the 5th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 6th of July.
Week 2: Training on the 3rd of July, pickups and logistics on the 4th of July, camp from the 5th of July to the 12th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 13th of July.
Week 3: Training on the 10th of July, pickups and logistics on the 11th of July, camp from the 12th of July to the 19th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 20th of July.
Week 4: Training on the 17th of July, pickups and logistics on the 18th of July, camp from the 19th of July to the 26th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 27th of July.
We also have the FOUR weeks of the camps for the Public Education System (dates to be confirmed)
Week 1: Training on the 28th of June, pickups and logistics on the 29th of June, camp from the 30th of June to the 6th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 7th of July.
Week 2: Training on the 5th of July, pickups and logistics on 6th of July, camp from the 7th of July to the 13th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 14th of July.
Week 3: Training on the 12th of July, pickups and logistics on the 13th of July, camp from the 14th of July to the 20th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 21st of July.
Week 4: Training on the 19th of July, pickups and logistics on 20th of July the, camp from the 21st of July to the 27th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 28th of July.
Salary and benefits
• Contract: We offer a Spanish employment. This will require a Spanish Social Security number.
You are under contract for the duration of the program, including the day before and after the program for airport pickups and drops-offs as well as chaperoning in Madrid.
Example of 2 programs work:
Week 1: Training on the 26th of June, pickups and logistics on 27th of June, camp from the 28th of June to the 5th of July.
Week 2: camp from the 5th of July to the 12th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 13th of July.
• Training: You have to be in Madrid for training and contract signing. We provide accommodation for the airport pick-up night, but the Training night will be at your own expense.
o 4 weeks in a row: 1025 € gross
o 3 weeks in a row: 775 € gross
o 2 weeks in a row: 525 € gross
o 1 week: 275 € gross
o 3 weeks with a break: 825 € gross.
• Food an accommodation provided at the camps.
• Age: Counselors must be at least 21 years old (born in 1998 or before).
• Languages: Must be a native English speaker or have a bilingual level.
• EU-citizens (or legal work permit in Spain).
• Certificate of Criminal Records that allows you to work with minors (for example, DBS/CRB check, Garda vetting…)
• Desirable previous camp experience, 1 to 2 proven years of working with children. Teaching experience is an advantage and might be required for some of the residential camps.
• Non-smokers preferred. It is expressly forbidden to smoke when in the presence of children (as stated by Spanish Law)
How to apply
• If you are interested in this position and meet the job requirements, please, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We will get back to you as soon as we’ve had a chance to review it.
• We will set a personal interview, (phone or Skype interview if not in Madrid) with all candidates that we feel best suit the job.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THEIR CV AND COVER LETTER TO
Thank you for your interest in working with us!