Pueblo Ingles is an English immersion course for Spanish students to practice English without having to travel abroad. Since July 2004 we have “taught” English to Spaniards and welcomed thousands of English-speaking teens from all over the world to our little villages, where the official language is no longer Spanish.
During the program they are accompanied by Counselors who are in charge of managing groups of 8 to 12 children (Spaniards and volunteers who are English native speakers). The program is directed by the Program Director and the Master of Ceremonies, who will be in charge of making sure that the program is following the structure it is supposed to, as well as organizing activities, and providing support to the Counselors.
The Summer programs for Kids don’t have English-speaking volunteers, so the counselors will be the ones in charge of exposing the children to English language through games, sports, theatre and plenty of activities.
• Supervise daily recreational and social activities for groups of students
• Explain activities, play games and instruct workshops: sports, arts and crafts, theatre, music, dance, etc... The participants will rely on you to guide them through their activities and you must have both the charisma to work with a group and the sensitivity to listen to the individual
• Make sure the campers speak and hear as much English as possible
• Enforce safety rules and regulations, and ensure the safety and well-being of the campers
• This demanding role requires constant energy and enthusiasm. You will be a role model, teacher, mediator, comedian and friend. In these residential camps, you'll be with the children 24 hours a day
• Overseeing appropriate behaviour at meal times
• Chaperoning on the bus trip from Madrid to the venue and back
• Volunteers pick-ups and drop-offs in Madrid
• Location: Our camps take place at a number of rural resorts (all with an assortment of sports and leisure facilities)
• Ages: Kids - 7 to 12 years old and Teens - 13 to 18 years old
• Schedule: Residential Camp. Full time
We have FOUR weeks of our “traditional” Pueblo Inglés Kids & Teens programs
We also have FOUR weeks of the camps for the Public Education System
You can choose to make from one to four weeks, in a row or with a break
From the week of the 22nd of June to the last week of July
Salary and benefits
Contract: We offer a Spanish employment. This will require a Spanish Social Security number.
Training: You have to be in Madrid for training and contract signing. We will provide lunch on this day
We provide accommodation for the airport pick-up night, but the Training night will be at your own expense.
Languages: Must be a native English speaker or have a bilingual level
EU-citizens (or legal work permit in Spain)
Certificate of Criminal Records that allows you to work with minors (for example, DBS/CRB check, Garda vetting…)
Desirable previous camp experience, 1 to 2 proven years of working with children. Teaching experience is an advantage and might be required for some of the residential camps.
How to apply
We will get back to you as soon as we’ve had a chance to look it over.
We will set up an interview (phone or Skype interview if not in Madrid) with all candidates that we feel best suit the job.