GAC-ACT Hebei Normal University Center
Small class sizes which are limited to 25 students, but are commonly around 15. These small classes with lots of contact hours lead to great relationships between students and teachers.
Professionally designed curriculum which includes syllabus, textbooks, facilitator guide and tests & assignments. Lesson planning is required, but there is a wealth of support and direction provided.
Valuable classes with specific learning outcomes that prepare students for the immediate goal of achieving high scores on university entrance requirement tests like IELTS, ACT and TOEFL, as well as teaching them the skills they will need to be successful in their future education.
Lots of support to help new teachers get accustomed to working in our center and living in Shijiazhuang. Close connection between foreign teachers and local staff.
• Location: Hebei Normal University Campus, Shijiazhuang
• Start date: July-August 2019
• Required to follow the curriculum, textbooks and assessment materials provided by the GAC Program
• Teaching hours: 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday, either 8:00-12:00 or 1:30-5:30 (we try to accommodate teacher preferences whenever possible), teachers are not required at the center outside of class time
Salary and benefits
3 weeks vacation at Chinese New Year, 2/3 week summer vacation (depending on calendar), all public holidays, semester breaks, reading breaks, outside testing and student activities also provide days off for GAC teachers throughout the school year.
Furnished apartment, not including utilities.
Medical insurance and Z-visa.
• Age: Under 60 years old (China visa regulations)
• Education: Graduate degrees preferred, Bachelor degree required
• Experience required, but willing to consider recent graduates from relevant majors