Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
We are looking for teachers with the professionalism and patience required to teach young learners, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Nanjing, Xiamen, Kunming, Xi’an, Qingdao and 10 other cities across China. Original comprehensive textbooks from Macmillan, one of the world’s Top 3 English Language Teaching (ELT) publishers, are used in small group 4-6 classes taught by foreign teachers, where the cultivation of 5C abilities (Cross-cultural understanding, Communication, Creativity, Critical thinking and Collaboration) and English language skills are integrated.
By reducing class sizes down to a very minimum allows you to better focus on students’ individual learning needs and foster self confidence. Recreating a native English learning environment and conducting classes in a lively and vivid manner by which we facilitate group discussions, situational interactions and role-play, students are naturally motivated to acquire new language skills. Using this approach is much easier for our children of ages 2 to 12 years old to form the habit of naturally thinking and speaking in English.
Teach English in China
Our International Institute of Education founded in 2011, is committed to providing our young learners with FT taught English classes . Currently, we offer quality international education to tens of thousands of students in 12 provinces, 18 cities and 92 directly-operated campuses all across China. As of 2018, we have nearly 600 FTs in our international family. In addition to honors such as “Most Influential Foreign Language Training Organization”, “Most Influential Educational Group” and “2017 Famous Children’s English Education Brand”, we were also granted “TEFL in China” FT training qualifications by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs in 2018.
In order to inspire a global outlook in students’ minds, through giving them access to internationalized language learning resources here in China, we strive to keep up with the most advanced pedagogical concepts in the world. In early 2017, the “iBilingual International Elite Growth Project”, co-developed with numerous domestic and foreign experts, was launched after an almost year-long preparation. It is a program aimed at enhancing students’ international competitiveness, by cultivating their 5C capabilities (Cross-cultural understanding, Communication, Creativity, Critical thinking and Collaboration). Based on the globally sophisticated Macmillan graded curriculum system, it offers a more diversified course structure that, in addition to the language arts classes and PBL (phenomenon-based learning), also includes family education and social responsibility goals.
• Maximum of 20 teaching hours per week
• Maximum of 15 admin hours per week
• Class sizes: 4 to 6 students per class
• Student ages: 2 to 12 years old
• 5 working days per week, with morning and afternoons on weekends a must
• Depending on your time, you may be asked to provide a limited number of demonstration classes to potential customers, as well as to bring your energy and ideas to outside marketing activities
• The only musts for this job are an openness to new cultures, the ability to communicate professionally across languages, and a love of teaching young learners
• Deliver classes in a professional and creative way
• Teaching materials and resources provided
• Part time opportunities for additional income
Salary and benefits
+ Housing allowance of 2,000 to 7,000 RMB (dependent of location)
+ Flight allowance upon contract completion: 6,000 RMB (approx. 850 USD)
+ Relocation allowance of 6000 RMB provided (approx. 850 USD)
+ Teacher demo bonus of 100 RMB per signed student
+ First time teacher bonus
+ Overtime pay
+ Bonus for teachers to re-new contract and continue teaching at our school
+ Airport pick up and hotel accommodation upon arrival
+ Maternity and nursing leave
+ All Chinese public holidays and annual personal leave days paid, for a combined total of 25 days
+ Legal work permit & work visa
+ Medical and accident insurance
+ On-going professional training and development
+ Career promotion opportunities
Family benefits include: Medical & accident insurance for foreign spouse and lineal relatives in China, housing allowance for children and local education allowance for children.
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• TEFL certificate 120 hours preferred (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Clean criminal record
• Highly responsible team player with hard working ethics
How to apply
• Covering letter
• Recent, professional photo with a smile
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
• References showing 2 years of teaching experience
• Quote reference # EBI2YL01Y in the email subject
no recruitment fees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.