English Educational Services
• Timetable of four hours per day, four mornings per week, with either Mondays or Fridays free. (Sixteen class hours per week)
• Contract through to the end of June 2019, with a further academic year optional (2019 – 2020)
* Expedited Spanish "N.I.E." numbers for all confirmed applicants (Foreign Spanish Resident's Number)
• Working in the classroom together with Spanish teachers of English and possibly teachers of some other subjects; all in English
• 1,000 Euros net per month with all school and public holidays paid until end of June
• Evenings free (to supplement your income with private classes, if desired). Solid advice given
• NO knowledge of Spanish or previous classroom experience necessary (but welcome)
• Help given with bureaucracy, opening bank accounts and finding accommodation
• Applications from couples welcome
N.B. As we are unable to charge the schools or their respective education departments a fee for our services, we are making a single, nominal charge of 200 EUROS to each Language Assistant presented successfully, to cover our basic costs of recruitment. This will only be payable once your post has been confirmed by the relevant Education Authority and you have started working in the school.
Please note that in over 30 years of operation we have never charged teachers for our services. This is the first time we have been unable to cover our costs through the schools and education departments themselves.
All relevant applications will receive a reply:
PLEASE SEE "JOB REQUIREMENTS"
** Other (EFL) posts currently available in Madrid and Ciudad Real. Other positions becoming available throughout the academic year.
For these posts you should hold a recognised qualification such as CELTA, CELT, Cert. TESOL, or similar. PGCE also very welcome. Applications by couples also welcome.
Salary and benefits
1,000 Euros Net per calendar Month (16 hours weekly) with
Mondays or Fridays Free as well as all public holidays. Paid holidays at Easter.
Initially, contracts until the end of the academic year, June 2019 but all positions are renewable, by mutual agreement, for a further academic year.
** Full Help provided with speedy N.I.E. application, advice on accommodation, mobile phones.
To qualify for these positions you must meet the following requirements:-
• A completed University degree
• Totally native speaker of English
• Valid EU / British passport holder, OR, U.S. / Canadian passport with a student visa for Spain (Imperative for U.S. or Youth Mobility Programme application for Canadians)
• DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check; or proof of application thereof.
A TEFL certificate is desirable (but not required), as is experience working with children or teenagers.
How to apply
• Let us know your EXACT first date of availability.
* Scanned copies of valid passport and Univesity Degree
• All appropriate applications will receive a reply. Please See "Job Requirements"
Further opportunities will become available throughout the academic year. We look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks for your interest.