WhizTeachers have a very positive attitude and strive to create opportunities for students to progress whilst developing their 21st Century Skills. Modern, well-equipped classrooms with AC, iWB. Students aged 6+, max 8 per class. Carefully chosen EFL coursebooks. DELTA DoS + ADoS + YL & CLIL coordinator to support and guide you.
Whizdom English is a modern and well-organised school with a solid reputation in a pleasant neighbourhood of Logrono, La Rioja, NE Spain. We are dedicated educators who strive to provide our students with a very positive learning experience, taking great pride in offering high-standard services throughout. Our school is well-resourced with an extensive library, games and craft materials. All classrooms are equipped with AC, iWB or panels, computer and speakers.
Logrono is a small, safe and friendly city in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja, famous for its wine, culinary traditions and lively nightlife. La Rioja borders Navarra, Castilla y Leon and Pais Vasco, offering the traveller many opportunities to explore the country. The city is surrounded by beautiful mountains, countryside and villages, and is just a 90-minute drive from France. The Camino de Santiago comes through the city.
Cost of living is relatively low in La Rioja and teachers can live well, making the most of what the region has to offer.
Salary and benefits
• CPD opportunities
• Guidance and support, observations and in-training sessions
• Legal contract as regulated by Spanish employment laws
• Christmas, Easter, national and local holidays paid for
• 20 - 25h teaching hours per week / 30 - 34h contract
• End-of-term performance bonus 200 - 250 euros depending on duties and responsibilities
• Local airport collection, assistance with finding accommodation and settling in, paid induction
• Minimum Level 4 or 5 Certificate of Teaching English to Students of Other Languages (CELTA, CELTYL, CELT-P, CELT-S or Trinity)
• Native or proven native-ability English speaker (CEFR C2) with the experience of living and working in an English-speaking country
• EU passport holder or EU work permit
• Minimum 1 year relevant experience
• Experience preparing students for Cambridge English Qualifications
• Positive attitude, professionalism, high standards
• Enthusiasm and dedication
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Initiative, enterprise and pro-activeness
• Good admin skills
• Use of technology
• Willingness to learn, interest in own professional development
• Relevant university degree, PGCE
• Knowledge of Spanish
• Young Learners teaching qualifications
• Experience teaching in Spain an advantage
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM APPLYING if you do not fulfil these requirements. ONLY successful applications will be acknowledged. Position subject to providing satisfactory and relevant references, one of which must be from a current/most recent employer.
How to apply
Please check our website for more info www.whizdomenglish.com