The International Tutor Group (ITG) is a Tutoring Agency rather than a school, providing academic and mentoring support to students from Vietnam’s best international schools. All you need is a flair for your subject, a strong degree, and preferably some experience working with young people.
ITG is offering both full and part-time positions in Vietnam’s emerging hub of Ho Chi Minh City. We’re on the hunt for experienced tutors who can support leading international school students up to IGCSE and IB / A-Level. You’ll have flexible working hours and still be able to dedicate time to your personal projects or simply enjoy Vietnamese local life.
ITG is a British run company specializing in academic support for all international curricula. We’re a small, family-style setup with about 20 teachers working mostly 1-1 and in small groups. Tutors will have the opportunity to make lasting and effective relationships with their students in a supportive professional environment. ITG offers extensive training and curriculum guidance from international school teachers with years of experience. When you arrive in HCMC we’ll help organise every aspect of your stay from accommodation to your work permit and residency card. Positions are available from 6 to 18 months, starting from January or February 2019.
It is only our opinion, but we think there has never been a better time to be in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Drenched in history, Saigon is a city in the midst of a mind-boggling transformation. New skyscrapers, hip international bars and buzzing arts venues appear on an almost weekly basis.
This is set amongst the last vestiges of a sleepy French Colonial past and the utterly distinctive quality of traditional street life, with its bustling coffee shops and mouthwatering food vendors. Our gorgeous Study Centre is located in a leafy suburb just a short hop from the city centre, so you’ll be sure to make the most of it all whilst having ample space to relax.
Salary and benefits
• Flexible hours
• Friendly, family-feel company run by British teachers
• Full and part-time positions available
• Contracts between 6 months and 18 months, renewable Visa and work permit organized and paid for by ITG
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup organised upon arrival
• Social events regularly organised and a new staff welcoming program provided
• Admin support to assist with all areas of the transition to Vietnam
• 2 years professional experience - not necessarily teaching experience
• A teaching qualification - PGCE / Masters in Education / TEFL (online TEFL course can be provided for the right candidates)
• Subject knowledge excellence
• Experience working with young people
• Ability to make excellent, empathetic relationships with young people in a personal, 1-1 environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work closely and collaboratively in a small team
Teaching experience at primary or secondary level.
Experience in schools or working with young people
Flexibility, initiative, excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently