Ross Preparatory School serves the students of faculty, staff, and veterinary students. It is a small multi-grade school that delivers curriculum that is aligned with the US Common Core standards.
Provide a challenging, student-focused, curriculum based on the US Common Core, which incorporates multi-modal learning within a collaborative school climate that welcomes, and supports teachers, students, and parents.
Commitment to student success and continuous learning through formative and summative assessment and curricular modification to ensure success of the students that is measurable.
Contribute to a professional learning community which is dynamic, relevant, creative and positive.
Sensitivity to children with diverse ages and backgrounds.
Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
Willingness to share talents with a sense of humor, and a hopeful, caring, and open attitude.
Support the development of students in all domains, meeting them where they are.
Complete other duties as assigned.
• A valid US teacher’s certificate with demonstrated skills
• An energetic personality with ability to engage young children in a creative manner
• Ability to integrate all areas of the curriculum, including Language Arts and STEAM, while teaching the Common Core standards
• Experience modifying the curriculum to accommodate learners
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with children and adults
• The ability to use technology to enhance the classroom environment, communication with children and adults, direct instruction, and cooperative learning
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.