Applicants must have English at first language level, a university degree and appropriate 120 hour TEFL qualification. Minimum two years teaching experience of different ages and levels, especially young learners and teens is essential. Candidates should be familiar with Cambridge PET, FCE and CAE exams. Although the teaching will be classroom based, experience in online teaching and some knowledge of Spanish would also be an advantage.
The position involves mainly teaching general English to children and young learners (6 -18 years) and Cambridge exam preparation (PET,FCE CAE levels). We also have one-to-one adult students learning general and business English.
The contract is for 25 teaching hours per week. There is no weekend work and holidays are paid at Christmas and Easter. Full, in-house training is provided before the start of the contract and on-going training sessions are held throughout the academic year.
Inlingua Lorca is a small, friendly language school with British management. Opened in 1986, our school is located in the town centre of Lorca in the south-east province of Murcia. Our teaching team provides high quality language training for children, young learners, adults and companies in the local area.
Lorca is in the region of Murcia in the south-east of Spain and has a population of around 80,000. It is a typical bustling Spanish town with everywhere a short walking distance away. It is a great place to learn and practice Spanish with language exchange groups taking place frequently near the school during the week. There are many bars and restaurants serving tapas, typical of the region, and plenty of cafés to sit outside and enjoy the 320 days of sunshine which Lorca has each year. The coastal town of Aguilas (30km from Lorca) is easily reached by train and bus, as is Murcia, the capital city of the region. The nearest airports to Lorca with bus and train connections are Alicante and Murcia. The area has also been one of the least affected in Spain by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Salary and benefits
• Full social security cover paid
• Contract 07 september 2020 - 30 June 2020
• 25 teaching hours Monday to Friday. Early finish on Fridays
• No weekend work
• Paid holidays at Christmas & Easter plus any other local or national holidays
• Help provided in finding accommodation
• Help setting up bank account and social security documents needed to work in Spain
• Spanish classes available at the school
• Salary above national pay scales (details on application)
• English at first language level
• EU passport or if British, the Spanish NIE
• University degree
• 120 hour TEFL/CELTA/ESOL certificate
• At least two year's experience of teaching EFL to wide range of levels
• Experience of teaching young children, teens and adults
• Be famililar with Cambridge PET, FCE and CAE exams
• Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage though not a neccessity
• Some experience of online teaching would also be an advantage