• 40 hours (over 5 days) per week
• Any work carried out beyond the forty hour working week is subject to overtime remuneration
• Onsite and offsite duties
• International Teacher Recruiters may be required to work morning and afternoon shifts in the same day
• International Teacher Recruiters can be assigned to any of the EF schools within the city but would generally be based in one centre
Job Report and Communication:
This role will report to the city's Production Manager and HR/RED Manager, and if present, the Academic Recruitment Manager. If no Production Manager or HR/RED Manager is present then the International Teacher Recruiter will report to a suitable alternative, for example Senior DoS in lieu of PM. This role will also require close communication and co-operation with all Academic Managers (DoS/ST) and Centre Directors in the city as well as with the ARC team and the AOM team based in the Shanghai Head Office.
1. Builds applicant source pool by researching, contacting and developing new marketing channels and mining existing channels; developing relations on social media and job sites; developing relations and managing contracts with Recruitment agencies and Vendors.
2. Ensure sufficient leads are engaged to maintain a pipeline of recruits, enforcing a tight turnaround time between lead application & response (typically less than 24 hours) so as to increase EF competitiveness in the job marketplace.
3. Create and manage the city's employee referral program.
4. Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analysing responses; verifying references; comparing competence to job requirements; comparing fit to EF Core Values and culture; and regulating compliance to EF hiring policies and eligibility standards.
5. Works with the PM and Academic Management team to assess the needs of the city as a whole, and each school within the city.
6. Makes hiring recommendations to the PM and Academic Management team and actively participates in quality control and selection meetings.
7. Actively builds and maintains trusting relationships with recruits by setting clear expectations, and avoiding misunderstandings about work conditions, benefits policies and procedures; assisting with onboarding new recruits so as to reduce teacher anxiety, make recruits feel valued and respected, encourage socialization and create a sense of belonging through Social Media platforms, and creating effective programs for ongoing teacher networking.
8. Contributes to team performance by taking responsibility for specific parts of the recruitment process such as issuing contracts, conducting inductions and other duties as directed by the Academic and HR management teams.
9. Builds collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders within the product, including the HR/RED teams, Academic Management teams and the ARC Team.
10. Engages in pro-active human resource function to attract and hire quality employees, ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Peoples Republic of China human resource requirement; maintaining past and current employment records; maintains teacher certification and eligibility documents; prepares, updates and recommends HR policies and procedures.
11. Aid in other HR related tasks such as Focus Groups, Exit Interviews and Employee Engagement Surveys and events.
12. Is committed to developing professional and technical knowledge by attending Head Office training; completing the online Recruiter Self Access Training modules; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results with Key Performance Indicators being:
a. Target achievement (arrival/request) annually
b. Arrivals generated by referrals; 20% of total arrival number
c. On-time arrival (Request date – employment date); Minimum 90% on-time arrival
d. Quality achievement (probation evaluation trend score); Recruits consistently meet expectations
e. Cost per hire; Cost of recruits conforms to product guidelines
f. Employee Net Promoter Score (as a measure of Recruitment and Onboarding satisfaction); Meets or above National Benchmark for eNPS
g. Aid PM/Recruitment Manager in Teacher Retention; In line with National Teacher Retention, Active Duration as set by ARC Team
This is an entry level Human Resources position for results driven effective communicators who are self-starters and able to manager their own performance; Specifically this is a position for people who want to develop behavioural interviewing skills, marketing and sales skills and who have a genuine interest in people and applied psychology and wish to gain experience in the education recruitment industry within the China context.
The Career steps for this position are International Teacher Recruiter to Senior Recruiter to Recruitment Manager/Supervisor.
Salary and benefits
• 2000RMB housing allowance per month or free apartment (after tax)
• Work visa fee and document authentication fee reimbursement maximum 4000RMB
• 3000RMB loyalty bonus (after tax)
• Additional worldwide-coverage health insurance and medical check
• Paid holidays: 10 days + all national holidays: (Total = 21+)
• Additional paid Z visas and residence permits – fully compliant with local laws
We also provide a floating recruitment bonus, determined by performance in recruiting.
• Service minded
• Highly motivated, confident and outgoing
• Outstanding Communication and Inter-Personal Skills
• Pro-active and driven and able to manage their own schedule
• A team player who is friendly, approachable and supportive
• Flexible, able to work under pressure and adapt to change
• Professional, punctual and of smart appearance
• Detail Orientated
• Able to analyse and present sets of data
• Native or near-native English Speaker (C1 or above) essential
• Basic level of Chinese (A2 or above) preferred
• At least 1 year EF work experience for Internal Applicants
• At least 1 year HR/Recruitment experience or min Level 3 (Diploma Level) HR Qualification for External Applicants
• Computer Literate (Proficient in MSOffice Package and will be expected to learn to use SalesForce for Recruitment tracking)
• Both Internal and External applicants must complete the online, self-access recruiter training and attend next available face to face ARC Training session.
How to apply
Please note we are unable to respond to applications which do not meet the requirements mentioned above.