International Schools Partnership
In boarding schools, GLAs may be asked, on a rota basis, support, supervise and lead our boarding children. This will include evening duties and occasional weekend duties as required by the school. There is also an expectation that the GLA will play a full and active part in the school’s clubs and extracurricular activities.
Successful applicants will be appointed to a school on a fixed-term basis. Typical placements are around 9-12 months in duration but can be as long as 18 months.
After successful completion of the initial placement, GLAs may be able to apply for and complete a Teacher Training qualification (international PGCE) in one of our schools with a view to becoming a permanent teacher with us.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing English support to children with reading and writing as well as verbal and listening skills on an individual, class and / or small group basis
• Providing classroom support in the school
• Helping to develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate learning materials
• Introducing UK contemporary culture through classroom and extracurricular activities
• Motivating and encouraging pupils, providing extra help and support where needed
• Attending school events as reasonably requested by the Headteacher
• Assisting with school events, trips and activities throughout the week and occasionally on a weekend
• Attending meetings and reviews
• Assisting with marking and correcting work
• Assisting and supporting with marketing initiatives at schools, ISP and student recruitment campaigns
• Providing occasional sickness cover for classes taught in -English as reasonably requested by the Headteacher
• Providing English support to international teachers as required
Salary and benefits
An enhanced DBS disclosure / police check from country of residence / birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.
The receipt of at least two satisfactory references (one of which must be your university tutor and the other your current / most recent employer).
Original ID documentation and examination certificates.
To be successful, you will be:
• a fluent English speaker – previous experience of TESL or TEFL would be an advantage
• a university graduate, ideally with an education degree
• demonstrably interested in a teaching career
How to apply
Your email should expand upon your interest in teaching and why you feel you are the perfect candidate for us.