Our partnership program has been running for ten years and we are currently recruiting teachers for the 2019 - 2020 academic school year (Mid August 2019 – May 2020). Teachers will be assigned to teach at different public schools partnership program in Hanoi. Students are from the age of 6 to 17 years old representing primary students (grades 1 to 5), middle school students (grades 6 to 9) and high school students (grades 10 to 12). Teachers are placed to teach at one of the three grade school levels depending on qualification and preferences.
A short video of our partnership program in the 2018-2019 academic year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5fQ05rmuPo
• Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
• Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
• Administering mid-term and final tests
• Participating in mandatory training workshops and meetings
• Attending special school events
• In certain circumstances, working or covering at the English center
• Regular communication with our office
Although class size varies from 35 to 45 students, there always is a teacher assistant who in most case is the English teacher from the partner schools. General working hour is Monday to Friday during school hour from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m or Monday to Saturday mornings only from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Teachers are not required to remain at school unless there are classes.
Teaching materials and syllabus are provided. Teachers have access to supplementary textbooks which minimize planning to only 4-6 lesson plans in a week of teaching 20-25 classes. Our teaching schedule is very consistent. Once our teachers are placed to a school, our teachers are welcomed to be part of the school and teach students at the school for the entire school year.
Please take the time to read over the details below of the position and email us with your application. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you.
Salary and benefits
Guarantee a minimum of 60 hours teaching month. Average teaching is 75 to 85 hours a month. Expected salary ranges from 1,600 USD to 2,000 USD per month (after tax).
• No deduction is taken from monthly salary
• Completion Bonus
• Company private health insurance policy
• Consistent Monday to Friday schedule or Monday to Saturday mornings schedule
• Setup of a local bank account
• Receiving training to improve teaching skills
• Teacher’s package includes information, curriculum, and teaching materials
• Approachable and friendly working environment
• Relevant College Degree (3 years and up)
• CELTA or TESOL certificate or other teaching equivalency
• At least 1 year of teaching experience
• A clean Police Clearance Check
• High level of in class Energy
• Enthusiastic about teaching ESL
• A professional attitude and appearance
• Able to teach in a Language Center and Partner School classroom
• Able to produce a Neutral Accent during lessons
How to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.