Since the opening of our flagship center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has grown across China, opening our doors to children and shaping their love for learning. Join the team of teachers that provides an award-winning academic curriculum designed to engage and teach children the way they learn; through stories, songs, characters, and above all – fun!
We’re looking for passionate, out-going, English speaking, English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers. You’ll get to discover a new culture, inspire children to learn a new language, and grow and develop your own skills in ways you never dreamed. It's all possible at Disney English.
Our Foreign Trainers (ESL teachers)
• Provide a highly engaging and effective English learning experience to children between 3-12 years old through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content
• Use immersive learning techniques such as storytelling, singing, dialogue and role-playing, in combination with formal exercises
• Work a 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours) including evenings and weekends
• Measure progress and educational results
• Build strong relationships with parents and keep them “in-the-know” on their child’s journey.
Salary and benefits
• Salaries start at 10,000 RMB per month dependent on qualifications/experience
• Monthly housing allowance up to 4,850 RMB
• Resettlement allowance of 7,000 RMB
• Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip
• Three weeks hotel accommodation provided upon arrival in China
• Health, dental, paid sick and vacation time
• Robust academic training including assistance obtaining a TEFL-C certification as well as a Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
• Various Disney discounts* including a limited theme parks admission pass
*Benefits subject to change
Disney will give you the opportunity to learn, grow, teach and lead – apply now!
• Completed bachelor degree or above
• English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
• Able to communicate with young learners where English is not their first language
• A flexible "can do" attitude and flexible approach to working
• Passion for Disney and working with young children
Teaching experience and experience working with children is highly desirable but not essential for certain cities in China.