Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
Position: Full time Kindergarten English Teacher
Location: Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Dongguan
Our website: www.GoldStarTeachers.com
• Excellent salary: 18,000 RMB to 20,000 RMB per month
• Teach on a Monday to Friday schedule with evenings & weekends off
• Summer and winter holiday
• Friendly, supportive teaching environment with excellent materials
Our kindergarten is now holding interviews for English teachers based in the southern Chinese cities of Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Dongguan. If you are a dynamic teacher, have an interest in an authentic Chinese school setting and can deliver learner centered, engaging lessons then we are interested in speaking with you.
Our kindergartens are modern with up to date teaching materials and equipment and plenty of teaching materials, games, flashcards and toys to bring your class to life. Various student interactions are encouraged in class such as group work, pair work, project work as well as more traditional teaching methods to add variety to the classes and help create a fun and relaxed learning environment.
All new teachers will receive training on arrival and will be introduced to the school and teaching methods. Materials follow the Chinese national school curriculum and focus on developing all four skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing. Teachers are encouraged to adapt and supplement the materials where need be to ensure classes are engaging and interesting.
Classes are held during the day time from Monday to Friday, with 16 hours of teaching per week, so you have evenings and weekends off.
Shenzhen – The City
Shenzhen is located in the southern portion of the Guangdong Province, on the eastern shore of the Pearl River Delta. Neighboring the Pearl River Delta and Hong Kong (located just south of Shenzhen), Shenzhen's location gives it a geographical advantage for economic development. Shenzhen is considered as one of the richest cities in the country which offers foreigners a great insight into contemporary China.
Guangzhou – The City
Guangzhou, a prosperous metropolis full of vigor, is the capital city of Guangdong province located along the south coastline of China. Being an excellent port on the Pearl River navigable to the South China Sea, and with fast accessibility to Hong Kong and Macau, Guangzhou serves as the political, economic, scientific, educational and cultural center in the Guangdong area.
Guangzhou is considered as the paradise for food-lovers in south China. Guangzhou dish represents well the Guangdong cuisine, which is one among the most famous eight cuisines in China. Explore a modern, developing city with an exciting mix of restaurants, bars, shopping as well as tradition elements.
Dongguan - The City
Dongguan is located in central Guangdong province in the south east of China, 31 miles south of Guangzhou and just 47 miles from Hong Kong and has a population of 7 million people. Dongguan has many historical spots, especially relics of the Opium War, also known as the Anglo-Chinese Wars, which lasted from 1839 to 1842 and 1856 to 1860. There are many fortifications used during the period, as well as other attractions and museums devoted to the era.
• Maximum 16 teaching hours per week
• Up to a maximum of 40 working hours per week
• Monday to Friday classes with evenings and weekends off
• Students ages: 3-6 years old
• Deliver learner centered, engaging lessons to students
• Ensure equal participation of all students
• Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
• Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
• Attend school activities, parties and other events
Salary and benefits
• Assistance finding an apartment
• Free flight / train for teachers already in China
• Flight allowance: 8,000 RMB (approx. 1100 USD)
• Summer and winter holiday
• 8,000 RMB vacation pay (approx. 1100 USD)
• Health insurance
• Supportive management
2 years of previous teaching experience OR minimum 120 hour TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
Professional, positive and culturally aware
How to apply
Or complete the form here
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Availability to start work
• Preferences for locations and student ages
Include in the subject heading the reference no. SIE5A