Contract length: 10 or 22 months
Teaching hours: Up to 20 hours per week
Student age: 6-12 years
You will receive 2-3 days of theoretical and practical teacher training in our head office in Hangzhou from our American head of academic affairs, Daniel and Ian our Chinese linguist. Eva and Teresa will guide you through your orientation and help you with everything from cultural differences and what to eat, to setting up a bank account, to getting your phone working. Everyone uses WeChat over there which is free and is similar to WhatsApp It enables you to keep in touch with people at home very easily.
Hangzhou is an amazing city. It is known for its silk and green tea production as well as its amazing scenery. We would encourage you to get out there and explore as much as possible taking in the sights and sounds of China. The food is out of this world - they have so much choice and variety it makes our western menus seem pale!
We are happy for you to talk to teachers who are already out there before you sign on the dotted line and will get you in touch with the local foreign teacher community in your area. Our teachers are never lonely and have friends from all over the world. Over 70% of our teachers sign up for a second contract.
Please feel free to ask any of our team any questions. Our systems are completely transparent and we encourage you to find out as much as possible before you arrive in China. We have great jobs available for great people.
Salary and benefits
• Accommodation: Rent free housing or housing allowance
• Flight allowance: 6,000 CNY (£680)
• Holidays: 10 month contract - 3 weeks, 22 month contract - 2 months
• Free lunch (breakfast and dinner is also often included)
• Airport pick up: You will be picked up at Shanghai by a member of our team and driven to our head office in Hangzhou
Visa Assistance: Cindy our wonderful HR manager will help you with everything from finding the perfect school for you to guiding you through the visa process. You have to pay for your own visa but your notarisation costs are reimbursed.
Free TEFL Certificate!!! For a limited time we are offering a free accredited 120 hour online TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification (worth £285). This must be completed before you arrive in China.
• Native English speakers from; the UK, Ireland, US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or South African
• European Candidates who speak fluent English
• Clean background check
• Enthusiastic, friendly, flexible, team players who love working with kids
How to apply
If you would like more information, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01158240824 for a chat !