The position is ideal for someone looking for a career in ESL and wants to further develop their skills and experience with a view to moving into a teaching/management role with us.
This is a great opportunity that offers real promotion and salary progression. All training will be provided upon arrival and we'll provide all the support you'll need to get settled in Shanghai.
Location: Shanghai, Qingpu (close to line 17 Cao Ying Lu)
Working days per week: 5 (Wednesday to Sunday)
Working hours per week: 40 (includes 20 teaching and 20 office hours). Your average teaching hours this year will be around 15.
• Teach 4-12 year olds although most of our classes are between the ages of 4-6
• We use a combination of Starfall and the Wonders curriculums and all of our classes are equipped with smart screen touch TVs. Props, flashcards, lesson plans and all teaching materials are all provided. We have a great selection of props and resources to make classes easy to deliver, useful, fun and interesting
• All training will be provided so you’ll feel comfortable delivering the classes
• Our class sizes are capped to a maximum of 10 students and a Chinese Teacher is present during the class to assist you at all times
• Teaching hours are capped at 20 per week although these will be considerably lower at the beginning
• Office hours are between 10 and 20 although this is negotiable
• Candidates should be from a country where English is a native language
• A teaching certificate (TESOL, TEFL or CELTA)
• A criminal record check
• Ideally 1-2 years’ experience
• Looking to hire asap
Candidates should be presentable, have a willingness to learn, be passionate about teaching and deliver classes which are fun and effective – Ideally looking for a young and energetic teacher.
Your degree, teaching certificate and criminal record check must be notarised.
2 years’ experience is required if the candidate does not have a teaching certificate, reference letters will be required to prove this.
Salary and benefits
• Accommodation provided
• Working visa provided
• Payment for overtime work if required
• Contract renewal bonus
• Flight allowance 6000 RMB
• Paid national holidays
• Annual salary increases