Number of vacancies: 30
Want to be part of something special, in one of the world’s most exciting and advanced places? Want to experience a different culture and lifestyle? Gain some work experience in the field of education?
Come work with us as a Language instructor at Nova Japan!
Every instructor completes a comprehensive training program before they start teaching for NOVA. The program equips them with everything they need to be able to teach high quality lessons and provide excellent customer service. All NOVA instructors are committed to meeting and exceeding student expectations and supporting student progress towards the achievement of their goals.
• Selecting, planning and conducting lessons
• Monitoring student performance and reporting on student progress
• Performing demonstration lessons and level assessments for new or potential students
• Promoting available products and services
• Maintaining a clean, comfortable and welcoming environment
Contracts may be offered for any number of lessons a week, up to 40, visa status permitting. For an instructor contracted to teach 37 lessons a week, a typical schedule will consist of four 8-lesson (including a meal break) shifts and one 5-lesson (no meal break) shift. The shift times and schedules that we can offer are dictated by customer demand. Demand peaks on weekends and on weekday evenings. Although larger branches also offer lessons in the mornings on weekdays, most branches offer lessons from around midday during the week, with shift start and finish times typically falling somewhere between 12:30pm and 9:30pm. On weekends and national holidays, demand is higher earlier in the day and as a result shifts typically start and finish somewhere between 10:00am and 6:30pm.
Salary and benefits
• Very competitive remuneration
• Flight reimbursement package
• Full support network
• Company arranged studio apartment
• Paid transportation to and from work
• Comprehensive training
• Visa sponsorship available
• Bonuses paid
• Education Required: Bachelor
• Native English Speaker
• Positive and professional attitude
• An interest in Japan and its culture or language