The position involves teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) to adults in small group (2-8 students) and individual (1:1) classes. Course focuses include business English, general English, targeted preparation for job interviews, presentations and negotiations, and language exam preparation. Courses take place in our modern, high-level language centres and on-site at companies in Budapest.
There are also opportunities for teachers who enjoy teaching young learners to do so as part of our new young learner program.
Did you know that according to CNN, Budapest is one of the world's best (2nd place) cities?
Lonely Planet rates Budapest as one of Europe's top travel destinations (also 2nd place).
In 2019, Budapest was voted European Best Destination and was selected by the Economist Intelligence Unit as the most liveable city in Eastern Europe.
And according to the European Backpacker Index 2018 Budapest is one of the most affordable cities in Europe.
Find out what the buzz is about!
Salary and benefits
+ Partial flight compensation within the EU
+ "hit the ground running" accommodation stipend
+ Access to public healthcare
+ Opportunity to earn extra income through overtime (optional)
+ Free monthly fitness pass at a premium fitness facility
+ 6 weeks a year paid holiday (spring, summer, autumn and winter breaks + Hungarian public holidays)
+ Premium clientele
Induction and mentoring upon arrival, and continuing professional development in the form of regular workshops, class observations and exposure to new methods of teaching and course types.
• University/college degree
• Internationally recognized TEFL teaching qualification required (Cambridge CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL preferred)
• Two to three years of experience teaching English as a foreign language
• Enthusiasm, professionalism, responsibility, reliability and emotional intelligence
• EU citizenship (full support provided to UK citizens during and after Brexit)
• experience teaching business English
• willingness to teach learners of a wide range of levels (A2-C1)
• experience teaching young learners
• experience in exam preparation for internationally recognized language exams such as IELTS and Cambridge
• experience with curriculum development
• experience teaching online with online platforms
• experience living or working abroad
• basic knowledge of and/or experience in business
• openness to technology and new ways of teaching
• basic awareness of news, trends, and current events