British Language Centre
Increase their understanding of the UK.
Administration work includes preparing and marking assessments, placement tests, writing reports and progress reports alongside other teacher related work.
1) Planning and delivering 24-30 hours teaching a week. (Substitution may be required at times). Additional courses may also be offered to staff at busy time.
2) In addition to the teaching hours above, you are required to prepare, plan, lead and grade student assessments (this includes carrying out placement test sessions each month), entering relevant information onto the results database and producing certificates and progress reports plus teaching related administrative tasks.
3) Involvement in syllabus, curriculum and assessment development.
4) Professional development to ensure high standards are maintained the BLC continues to provide high quality services to children, young people, adults and organisations. For example, this may include participating in team meetings, workshops, peer observations, team teaching and action research.
5) Participate in the staff duty rota before classes and at break times to supervise children and young people.
6) Provide student/parent/sponsor feedback and actively encourage and motivate students to progress. This may be in the form of a report or a face to face meeting.
7) Promoting cultural understanding between the UK and Bahrain.
Courses: Courses are delivered to a range of ages and may include a combination of General English Language, Business English, Report Writing, Communication Courses, customized courses/workshops or IELTS Preparation. The majority of courses at present are General English Language Courses.
Other responsibilities related to teaching and learning, QA, NQF and students may be required at times.
Job descriptions are regularly reviewed by the Leadership and Management Team.
Salary and benefits
including utility bills
Retuned ticket UK to
Teaching qualification — Degree Level.
Qualification in ELT—CELTA
Excellent command of the English Language.
Minimum of two years teaching experience.
Experience of working in an Produced lesson plans, schemes of work, course resources. English Language Centre.
PC literate (Word, Publisher, Excel, Internet, (email).
Work experience in an educational/training
Experience of handling confidential information.