London Bridge, a recognised Cambridge Preparation Centre, is a small family-run private school of English based in Altamura (70000 inhabitants) in the south of Italy. The town, known as the city of bread is welcoming with a strong community feel and is the ideal place to experience Italian culture.
For September 2019 to May 2020, we are looking to appoint a passionate and enthusiastic teacher of English to join our growing and supportive department. We have a collaborative approach and it is expected that the successful candidate will make an active contribution to the school. For instance, by assisting with extra-curricular clubs and study trips, in addition to teaching dynamic and engaging lessons. We offer staff opportunities for professional development with in-house and external training.
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary with nine-month employment contract including full social security contributions paid by our school. The average working week is 20 contact hours. Additional teaching hours paid as overtime.
2 target-based bonuses paid before Christmas and end of school year.
• Bachelor's degree
• CELTA or equivalent TEFL qualification
• Minimum 1 year teaching experience in a school environment abroad
• Native English Speaker or C2 level
• Have a clean DBS check
• Driving licence
• Experience preparing Cambridge English exams
• Further teaching qualification e.g. DELTA, PGCE
• Experience and/or interest in teaching young learners