Foundation English Language courses
English for Academic and Specific Purposes (EAP/ESP) courses
Duties & Responsibilities
• The teacher develops and adapts relevant materials, teaches and assesses courses in the area of expertise such as but not limited to language teaching and learning
• The teacher may be asked to fulfill the role of a social and academic advisor
• The teacher contributes to the work of department, college and university-wide committees
• The teacher contributes to community service activities offered by the University
• The teacher may be assigned other responsibilities by their line manager in keeping with their contractual workload and professional expertise and competencies
Salary and benefits
Monthly compensation packages as follows:
• Salary: Up to OMR 925 depending on the teacher's degree and teaching experience.
• Allowances OMR 300 up to 450 depending on the college location, as follows:
Other Yearly Benefits:
• Health Insurance.
• Air travel allowance and visa.
• Service gratuity.
• Annual paid leave: Approximately 45 to 60 days as decided by the University
• A Cover letter which includes, teaching philosophy and statement and experience, and concrete descriptions of future plans for research and teaching, etc.
• A Curriculum Vitae
• Minimum Academic & Professional Qualifications: Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics, TESOL, TEFL/TESL or equivalent, plus a BA in the same area of specialization from an internationally recognized and accredited university.
• Certificate/ diploma in TEFL/ TESOL/ EFL/ ESL/ CELTA, etc. is a plus.
• Native English Speakers from the US, Canada, Britain, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, or any other country considered to have Native English language
• For Non-Native English Speakers, English Proficiency is required: Current Academic IELTS exam score of 7 in all skills or equivalent.
• Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant tertiary teaching experience preferred
• Relevant National and international experience is a definite plus.
• Familiar with educational and information communication technologies, learning management systems, platforms and tools used in the higher education sector for personal and professional use.
• Three referees’ contact information including physical, email addresses as well as their telephone contacts.