This is an opportunity to join a well-established and growing family run business with a friendly, professional and dedicated team of teachers. Our teachers consistently create and deliver well prepared, lively, fun, engaging and dynamic lessons.
Currently our two English language centres are based within a Spanish community in a large inland town (Alcantarilla) in the region of Murcia. We are accredited as an official ESOL exam preparation centre for Cambridge English qualifications. Having built up a solid reputation and student base, we want to continue to develop this by growing the business, so this means hiring the right people!
This teaching opportunity is not just limited to our English centres as we also work alongside one of the semi-private bi-lingual infant, primary and secondary schools in the town. Here we provide English conversation classes for every age in the primary and secondary sector of the school.
• To prepare and teach well-paced, student centred lessons - taking into account a range of levels, ages, and continuous enrolment
• Prepare students to undertake official Cambridge exams (sufficient practice in all four skills:- listening, speaking, reading and writing)
• Discipline and control of student´s behaviour within the classroom (max 10 students at the English centres and max 30 students at the school)
• Report writing at the end of the first and second term
• Monitor daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork
• Attend all teacher meetings (usually one per term)
• Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise
• Work effectively within a team by supporting and helping colleagues
• Ensuring the safety and well-being of students at all times
• get involved in and help organise social events for students, their families and teaching staff
• able to make relevant use of technology and ICT in the classroom to support learning aims
Initially we are offering a contract until the end of May 2020 with a minimum of 22 hours per week, consisting of teaching and preparation time. There is also a strong possibility of extra hours should the employee desire. An immediate start is required.
The timetable will be split between mornings at the local school and afternoon/evenings at the academy from 16:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
There are 4 weeks paid holiday awarded to a 10 month contract so this would be calculated on a pro-rata basis depending on the start date of the contract. Theses holidays coincide with state school holidays and national bank holidays.
All teaching materials are provided together with in-house training and peer observations.
Salary and benefits
• 880 euros per month
• This could increase depending on the level of qualifications held and experience.
Experience with mono-lingual classes of a variety of age groups and levels is desirable.
Our students are immersed 100% in the English language so the ability to communicate in Spanish is not required for the role as a teacher. However, it would be necessary, should you wish to take on a managerial role in the future and along with this it would also benefit your personal life as we are not located in or near an ex-pat community.
A foreigners identification number (NIE) and a social security number are both required in order to have an official contract. If the applicant requires help to set up all necessary legal documentation, the company is happy to assist with this. Help can also be given to find accommodation, if required.