You would be an English Language Counselor, living at our immersion camps, which are scattered in the countryside across France. You would lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
*COVID-19 Information*: We are at this time unable to hire outside of EU Member States + Schengen Associated countries because of international travel restrictions.
Salary and benefits
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 55€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
- Fluent C1 Level English with corresponding certificate OR native speaker of English with a high school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country.
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Knowledge of north American or British history and culture, preferably through travel or studies
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- Clear criminal history
- Must be a European national, or be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US, Canadians and British are allowed this with a valid passport.).
- Being a team player, be organized, and a good communicator.
- Kindness, caring and friendly: a people-person.
- Able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- A CELTA or TEFL certificate is not required. However, classroom teaching can be a part of this job. Counselors are receptive to our approach of teaching English through active participation, positive reinforcement and encouragement.- Capable of organizing activities in English : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Happy to perform in skits, tell stories, lead songs & cheers, all in English.
How to apply
Access the online application: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-process