Lycee Francais Blaise Pascal
Our french curriculum, combined with a highly regarded International American Section, promotes a sense of global mindedness, where learning of the English language and American culture, forms an important and integral part of our educational vision.
Our International American Section provides a high quality, creative and challenging international outlook for students from 4th grade to Grade 12, based on the International Option Baccalaureate Philosophy.
We are thus looking for inspiring and experienced educators to come and teach in our Middle and Upper Schools ( our College and Lycee) from September 2020
- English/ American Literature teachers
- Humanities teachers
Successful candidates will have experience of delivering national curriculum based teaching to children ages 11 to 18 ( College and Lycee).
• follow the teaching guidelines of the International American section issued by the french ministry of education
• learn to work in a team with all the teachers in the international american section
• demonstrate initiative to design and lead projects
Salary and benefits
Free repatriation for medical reasons
Free arrival and return flights to Abidjan + one extra return trip to their home country per year for the candidate only, not dependents) during the contract.
Accommodation bonus (accomodation is not provided by the school but we will assist you find this and help you settle in on all levels).
5 year Ivorian work visa
With a its warm climate, international community and ideal location, the lagunar city of Abidjan is one of the major players in the teaching market in West Africa Whether you enjoy spending your weekends doing watersports on the beach or cycling in tropical forests, or canoeing with hippos, Abidjan and its surroundings have something for everyone. It’s a interesting place to develop yourself professionally, while enjoying an enriching outdoor life outside of the workplace.
• a notarized Bachelor's of Education and /or subject degree in Humanities or English/American Literature from an American University
• minimum 2 years teaching experience
• written and verbal understanding of the French language
• notarized and clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months
• ability to adapt in a highly dynamic evolving international school environment
Aside from your qualifications, personality is very important, we look for inspirational teachers who leave a lasting impression on students for years to follow. If you’re able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning, with an enthusiastic, creative and dynamic attitude then we want to hear from you!
Priority will be given to candidates with a good command of the French language and ideally some knowledge of the French education system.