The post involves between 15 and 25 hours teaching per week, teaching young learners (from 4 years old), teenagers and adults (general English and Cambridge-exam focused) at our two centres.
We're looking for a dynamic and engaging teacher who is able to bring balance to the classroom; a teacher who can be fun but who can also challenge their students to progress with their English learning.
Our motto is "Feel at Home with English"; we want students to feel very comfortable in our centres: with the learning environment, the material and of course with their teacher. In keeping with our motto, we organise a variety of extra activities for students and people in the area; English Corner (a weekly meet-up in a local bar), guided walks, excursions and workshops.
The ideal candidate should have experience teaching:
- young learners from 4 years old.
- teenagers from level A2 to C1
- general English classes to adults
- Cambridge Preliminary, First and Advanced to adults. Experience with Proficiency would be an added bonus.
We have a team of 10 teachers of different ages, backgrounds and experience. We value professional development and happiness in their workplace and organise activities to promote both of these aspects.
The initial contract will run until June 2022, with the possibility to extend into summer work and the following academic year.
Salary and benefits
- Three training sessions per year.
- Option to train as Cambridge official exam invigilator.
- Option for extra work organising workshops in a field of your interest.
- Water and coffee machines
- Team-building activities.
- English Tarragona is a Cambridge Learning Partner so they have a variety of benefits from them including extra resources and training opportunities.