With this position you will be able to experience and explore Chinese culture and places of interest while knowing that you will be well looked after by professional local staff from an accredited British school. Not only that, but your exchange visa, flight and accommodation will all be arranged and paid for by KKCL. There really is nothing to lose and a wealth of experience to gain.
A little about us: KKCL is a London-based language academy with a big emphasis on using creativity to learn English. We run year-round junior programmes with our own Go Create! language syllabus as well as adult English classes. During our most recent British Council inspection, strengths were noted in course design, teaching, care of under 18’s, care of students, leisure opportunities and student administration and we are looking for staff who match our levels of excellence.
This position is to teach English in one of our specially-selected partner schools in China. Teachers will be paid by KKCL and looked after by our experienced local staff.
Initial openings for this September, lasting three to six months.
Three to six month programmes available year-round.
HOURS OF WORK
24 hours of teaching per week.
Any additional teaching hours paid at time-and-a-quarter.
Potential admin hours.
• Teaching 24 hours of well-prepared lessons each week using the materials and syllabus of the KKCL partner school. You will have minimum of one day off per week to be scheduled by the partner centre.
• Following all reasonable directions by the partner school management team.
• Maintaining excellent class administration including careful lesson preparation and record-keeping.
• Assisting with school admin tasks if asked.
• Reporting to the teachers’ room at least twenty minutes before class.
• Writing End of Course Reports prior to the end of each student’s course.
• Keeping accurate attendance records and informing your manager immediately if any discrepancies exist on your class register.
• Ensuring all students under your care follow the partner school´s rules.
• Keeping the partner school DOS up to date with any student misbehaviour, absence from lessons, or any student welfare concerns.
• Advising the partner school DOS of any level discrepancies within your group.
• Sharing best practice, useful materials and teaching experience with colleagues.
• Reporting to the KKCL OSEP (Overseas Exchange Programme) management team and our local staff on a regular basis.
Please note that it will be very important to respect local Chinese culture and laws during your stay. Don’t worry though – our staff will provide you with a full induction upon arrival!
Salary and benefits
£8 per admin hour – only paid when authorised by the partner school for duties such as invigilating exams, helping with placement tests, peer observation, attending INSETT, formal teacher meetings and observation feedback meeting. Part of your pay can be made in local currency.
• Accommodation in China arranged and paid for by KKCL
• International flight to China arranged and paid for by KKCL (deposit required)
• China airport transfer arranged and paid for by KKCL
• China exchange visa arranged and paid for by KKCL
Work as a contract teacher for a reputable UK company and be fully supported by our OSEP (Overseas Exchange Programme) team. We are here to help!
• Undergraduate degree
• CELTA or equivalent
• Effective communication skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• Flexibility and sense of adventure!
• More than a years’ teaching experience
• Experience of teaching overseas
• Young Learner teaching experience and/or qualification e.g. PGCE, CERT-YL, TYLEC
• Postgraduate teaching qualification