Weymouth English Centre
We have a very supportive team of teachers who enjoy sharing their ideas and materials and we provide regular short workshops for teachers who want to further their skills.
Lessons are held on weekday mornings between 09:00 and 12.30 with breaks totalling 30 minutes each day. Some afternoon teaching work is also available.
We have vacancies for teaching only as well as for teachers who wish to accompany the students on some of their afternoon, evening or weekend activities. Teachers who wish to do this extra work can choose between 5 and 17.5 hours per week.
Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment.
• We follow up references in detail.
• We will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV.
• We have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications).
• We will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18.
• An enhanced certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required.
• All staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s.
• Any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
• Please note that providing false information is a criminal offence.
Salary and benefits
A typical starting salary for a "teaching and activity leading package" teaching mornings only and doing 17.5 hours of activities would be £407.50 per week plus holiday pay.
A "teaching only" package is also possible - rates start at £267.50 per week for teaching mornings only and can increase to £320 per week after satisfactory lesson observations.
Accommodation with a local homestay on a self-catering basis will be provided if required.
Successful applicants will be employed under contract and enjoy the full benefits of holiday and sick pay.
From 29th June or 6th July 2019 for 2 to 6 weeks.
Native speaker level of proficiency in English.