The teaching will essentially be classroom based, however experience in online teaching and some knowledge of Spanish would also be an advantage in the event of a change to online classes due to Covid-19.
The position involves mainly teaching general English to children and young learners (5 -18 years) and Cambridge exam preparation. We also have one-to-one adult students learning general and business English.
The contract is for 25 teaching hours per week. There is no weekend work and holidays are paid at Christmas and Easter. Full, in-house training is provided before the start of the contract and on-going training sessions are held throughout the academic year.
Our language centre in Lorca is part of the international language organisation Inlingua. The school is small, friendly and well established. Opened in 1986, our school is located in the town centre of Lorca in the south-east province of Murcia. Our teaching team provides high quality language training for children, young learners, adults and companies in the local area.
Lorca is in the region of Murcia in the south-east of Spain and has a population of around 80,000. It is a typical bustling Spanish town with everywhere a short walking distance away. It is a great place to learn and practice Spanish with language exchange groups taking place frequently near the school during the week. There are many bars and restaurants serving tapas, typical of the region, and plenty of cafés to sit outside and enjoy the 320 days of sunshine which Lorca has each year.
The coastal town of Aguilas (30km from Lorca) is easily reached by train and bus, as is Murcia, the capital city of the region. The nearest airports to Lorca with bus and train connections are Alicante and Murcia.
Salary and benefits
- Contract 13 september 2020 - 30 June 2020
- Maximum 25 teaching hours Monday to Friday. Early finish on Fridays.
- No weekend work
- Paid holidays at Christmas & Easter plus any other local or national holidays
- Help provided in finding accommodation
- Help setting up bank account and social security documents needed to work in Spain
- Spanish classes available at the school
- Salary above national pay scales (details on application)
- Have English at first language level
- Have an EU passport, Spanish residency or visa to work in Spain
- Have a university degree
- Have an appropriate TEFL/CELTA/ESOL certificate
- Have at least two years experience of teaching EFL to wide range of levels
- Have experience of teaching young children, teens and adults
- Be familiar with Cambridge PETand FCE exams
- Having some knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage though not a necessity
- Having some experience of online teaching would also be an advantage