The 5 and 6-year-olds use a program designed around phonics, mixing general English with early reading skills. The 7 to 9-year-olds begin to prepare for Cambridge Young Learners exams with a project-based program. Teachers are encouraged to contribute their own ideas and material, and have the freedom to develop lessons according to their unique teaching style and the individual needs of their students. Our staff room environment is collaborative and our teachers often look to each other for ideas and support.
Training is provided at the start of the course, with professional development sessions throughout the year. There are specific training sessions dealing with phonics, Cambridge Young Learners and other topics related to this age group at the start of the academic year.
Teachers have access to a wide variety of resources (text and reference books, multimedia material, flashcards, arts and crafts supplies, toys and games etc) as well as laptops, televisions and whiteboards in every classroom.
Salary and benefits
• Full social security coverage with health insurance
• End-of-contract bonus
• Paid holidays (Christmas, Easter, local and national bank holidays)
• Assistance with administrative paperwork and settling in Cáceres
• Full time contract with 24 contact hours per week, September 2019 to June 2020
• Monday to Thursday afternoon timetable with training sessions on some mornings (usually Fridays)
• Eligibility to work in Spain
• A recognised TEFL qualification and a university degree
• International Child Protection Certificate
• At least 1 year of teaching experience
• Experience with YL and VYL as well as Cambridge exams is highly valued
• Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage but is not required