Although all positions require teaching some variety of ages, each teacher is assigned age groups based on his or her personal experience and preference (some teachers only teach teenagers and adults, others focus on infants or primary, while others prefer to have a variety of ages).
Our young children’s classes follow a program designed around phonics, while older children and teens prepare for Cambridge exams (from Young Learners to CAE). The adult classes may be conversation, general English or exam preparation. There are clear, specific objectives for every course and student progress towards these objectives is evaluated at the end of each term. The typical class size is 8-12 students.
Training is provided at the start of the course, with professional development sessions throughout the year.
Teachers have access to a wide variety of resources (text and reference books, multimedia material, flashcards, arts and crafts supplies, toys and games etc) as well as laptops, televisions and whiteboards in every classroom. Although we have a specific program and objectives in place, teachers are encouraged to contribute their own ideas and material. In this way, teachers have the freedom to develop lessons according to their unique teaching style and the individual needs of their students. Our staff room environment is collaborative and our teachers often look to each other for ideas and support.
• Eligibility to work in Spain
• A recognised TEFL qualification and a university degree
• International Child Protection Certificate
• At least 1 year of teaching experience
• Experience with YL and VYL as well as Cambridge exams is highly valued
• Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage but is not required
Salary and benefits
• Full social security coverage with health insurance
• End-of-contract bonus
• Paid holidays (Christmas, Easter, local and national bank holidays)
• Assistance with administrative paperwork and settling in Cáceres
• Full time contract with 24 contact hours per week, September 2019 to June 2020
• Monday to Thursday afternoon timetable with training sessions on some mornings (usually Fridays)