Excellent working conditions.
Groups of 10/12 students maximum and 4 minimum, strictly classified according to age and level. (Average of 8 students per class).
Groups of young learners, teenagers, young adults and adults.
Courses taught: General English; Cambridge English exams preparation (Young Learners, KET, PET, FCE, CAE and CPE); Conversation;
Classroom materials and resource library for teachers;
Teacher support in lesson planning and classroom management;
Objectives clearly set at the beginning of each term.
Interactive boards in all the classrooms;
Wifi in all the classrooms;
Large air-conditioned classrooms. All with natural light;
Lessons are aimed to encourage students to improve the four basic language skills: listening; speaking; reading; and writing with a strong emphasis on communication, leading most of the students to Cambridge English Examinations.
ypical tasks that should be carried out include:
• preparing lesson plans according to the teacher´s book;
• presenting lesson planning in the weekly teacher´s meeting;
• deliver high quality general English lessons using varied communicative language teaching methods;
• classroom management skills;
• preparing and setting examination papers;
• marking and providing appropriate feedback on written exams;
• preparing students for Cambridge English Examinations;
• working in strong collaboration with the directors, the teacher leader and colleagues;
• creating good rapport with students, peers and superiors;
As well as having the relevant qualifications and previous experience in similar positions candidates will need to show evidence of the following:
a friendly and confident manner;
good planning and organisational skills;
flexibility and an adaptable teaching style.
accepting to be observed and given feedback on how to reach the students in their classroom. Being open to suggestions and to trying new things to suit students´needs;
creative skills and ideas for planning practical and interesting lessons;
tolerance and patience;
understanding of the challenges the students may have to learning and what approaches might work best with them individually.
communication and rapport: Applicants should be committed to their profession and be great communicators. They should also know the best ways to interact with students, co-workers and superiors.
Salary and benefits
Up to 20 teaching hours per week;
Work contract and medical cover;
A competitive salary, above average as well as paid Christmas, Easter, local and national holidays;
Teaching timetable from Monday to Friday evenings and Thursday mornings for some positions.
The opportunity to gain experience in a high standard English language teaching school;
native or bilingual speakers with high proficiency in the use of the English language.
a certificate TEFL qualification (CELTA or Cert. TESOL)
education to degree level or equivalent qualification
at least two years' relevant TEFL experience . Please include details of contact information for up to two professional referees, including your current or most recent employer.
experience in online teaching
experience in Cambridge English or other official exams preparation.
good command of Spanish (B1), for applicants willing to work with very young learners.
dynamic and trustworthy applicants willing to commit to a 9 month contract.
How to apply
1. Biographical information regarding age, nationality and gender.
2. Details of your qualifications and graduation dates.
3. A photo.
4. Details of your employment history in chronological order.
5. Contact information for up to two professional referees, including your current or most recent employer.
6. A statement in support of your application, specifying how your professional achievements and experience match the requirements of the job.
For further information about our school find us on Facebook or visit our website: www.kentvalencia.com