Having first appeared on the scene in 2002, EF Nanjing has become the most popular English training centre in the newly dubbed tier 1 city. After recently opening our 8th school, we now have more than 100 local and foreign teachers and over 300 staff members. At EF Nanjing we are extremely invested in the development of our staff and hire 80% from within. Foreign staff are provided with a variety of alternative routes such as Human Resources, Marketing and Recruitment.
What makes Nanjing unique?
• A long history. You can visit the ancient city wall, Confucius Temple, the Ming tombs housing the remains of past emperors and presidential palace that was the capital building before 1949
• Nanjing’s nightlife also has lots to offer, with the famous 1912 district in the heart of town featuring a wide variety of western clubs
• Scenic areas like Xuan Wu lake and Purple Mountain allow you to escape the concrete without leaving the city. Both attractions are quite large, giving visitors the feeling as if they are miles away
• Interesting local dishes include Nanjing duck, spring onion pancake and tangbao, a large type of soup dumpling
• A rapidly developing and large city that still manages to maintain the feeling of a small town with the amenities of a cosmopolitan area
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certification
• The ability to obtain a clear background check
• The ability to live abroad for at least 15 months
• Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations
Salary and benefits
• Allowance: 10,000RMB: with 4000RMB payable after 6 months, 4000RMB after 12 months and the rest by the end of contract
• Housing allowance and accommodation assistance in finding a Western style, furnished apartment, near the school
• Potential salary increases based on performance
• China ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 vacation days per year (contract lasts for 15 months, then 13 vacation days for the contract)
• 15 months worldwide Aetna health insurance
• Free weekly Mandarin Chinese lessons
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• On-going training and academic support:
Training and development is a big part of being an EF teacher. In your first four weeks, you will go through onboarding and teacher training. During this time we will help you settle into Nanjing with apartment hunting and opening up bank and phone accounts, as well as training to introduce you to teaching local learners and technical and EF product training provided by our development team. You will also have continuous support and more advanced training as time goes on during your time with us at EF Nanjing.
Life as an English teacher at EF is both challenging and rewarding. If you share our spirit of sharing, learning and exploring, then we would love to welcome you to the family.