EF Education First Xi'an
Our schools are modern, well equipped, and progressive, and our classes use EF's own syllabus and textbooks. We teach small classes of students, mainly children from ages 3-14, and up to adults. This breadth and variety of students give our teachers great opportunities to develop into well rounded, experienced professionals.
Besides, we offer a continuous teacher development program of training, observations, and workshops. We greatly value our more experienced members of staff and encourage them to become involved in this. We employ around 90 international teachers from over 20 different countries across our nine EF schools in Xi'an, which means that there is always someone on hand to offer some teaching advice and support or to go and grab a bite to eat along.
There are a fantastic support system and network of both foreign and Chinese staff, meaning that our team is very supportive in terms of both professional development and social opportunities. Teachers are never short of help and support at work, or of company and a full social life outside of work.
Xi'an is the second most visited city in China (the first being Beijing), mainly due to its status as the home of the Terracotta Warriors and Capital of China for 13 dynasties. It's also located right in the middle of the country, making it an excellent base from which to make the most of your paid vacation days and days off!
Xi'an is an incredible place to live because it has the modern, cosmopolitan bustle of a major city and the charming, traditional, cultural side of more rural China. Xi'an has the best of both worlds, and this will be an ideal choice if you want somewhere historic, steeped in culture and thoroughly Chinese, without having to forgo easy travel, convenient lifestyle and a home with all the mod cons!
Xi'an is a cheap city in which to live. The cost of living here is also lower in comparison to other Chinese cities, so your salary goes a long way, and building up savings is easy to do.
Salary and benefits
2. Modern, well located, fully furnished accommodation provided.
3. 22 days Paid holidays - 10 days plus major Chinese national holidays.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
5. Monthly bonuses.
6. Quarterly Appraisal bonus.
7. Referral bonus.
8. Loyalty bonus.
9. Z Visa and work permits paid for and arranged.
10. Flight allowance.
11. Administrative assistants available at each center to help teachers with day to day necessities, important purchases, etc.
12. Airport pickup and welcome dinner upon arrival.
13. Various extra curriculum activities and social activities.
14. On-boarding training, ongoing training and other academic support.
15. Promotion opportunities across the nine schools at EF Xi'an.
16. Funded opportunities to take exams for certifications.
17. Flexible and caring management coupled with continuous teacher training and development.
18. Annual summer staff retreat and Gala dinner party.
19. Fantastic career development opportunities both here in Xi'an and as part of the world's largest private language school.
2. A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
3. A clean background check is required.
4. EFL classroom experience is also desirable, but not essential. In some cases, extensive relevant TEFL experience can be considered in lieu of formal TEFL qualifications.
Above all else, candidates should be enthusiastic, committed, positive, and sociable.
How to apply
To apply, please enclose your CV, and a recent photo or a copy of your passport page and state your application is via ESL BASE.
Please see our website for more details.