EF Education First Xi'an
•Our schools are modern, well equipped and progressive and classes are based on EF’s own syllabus and text books.
•We teach small classes of students, mainly children as young as 4 years old, and all the way up to adults and corporate classes. This breadth and variety of students gives our teachers great opportunity to develop into well rounded, experienced professionals.
•In addition, we offer a continuous teacher development programme of training, observations and workshops. We greatly value our more experienced members of staff and encourage them to become involved in this.
•We employ around 90-100 foreign teachers across our four EF schools in Xi’an, which means that there’s always someone on hand to offer some teaching advice and support, or to go and grab a bite to eat with.
•There is a fantastic support system and network of both foreign and Chinese staff, meaning that our team is fully provided for in terms of both professional development and social opportunities. Teachers are never short of help and support at work, or of company and a full social life outside of work.
•Xi’an is the second most visited city in China (the first being Beijing), mainly due to its status as home of the Terracotta Warriors and Capital of China for 13 dynasties. It’s also located right in the middle of the country, making it an excellent base from which to make the most of your paid vacation days!
•Xi’an is an incredible place to live because it has the modern, cosmopolitan bustle of a major city and the charming, traditional, cultural side of more rural China – Xi’an has the best of both worlds. It’s the ideal choice if you want somewhere historic, steeped in culture and thoroughly Chinese, without having to forgo easy travel, a convenient life and a home with all the mod cons!
•Xi’an is a really cheap city in which to live. The cost of living here is very low in comparison to other Chinese cities, so your pay check really goes a long way and building up savings is easy to do.
Salary and benefits
1. Generous salary up to 16,500 RMB (after tax) per month depending on qualifications and experience.
2. Modern, well located, fully furnished accommodation provided.
3. 22 days Paid holidays - 10 days plus major Chinese national holidays.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
5. Monthly bonuses.
6. Quarterly Appraisal bonus. (Up to 2,000 for teachers)
7. Referral bonus. (Up to 6,000 RMB)
8. Loyalty bonus (For full contract re-signing).
9. Z Visa and work permits paid for and arranged.
10. Flight allowance of 10,000 RMB per year.
11. Administrative assistants available at each center to help teachers with day to day necessities, important purchases, etc.
12. Airport pickup and welcome dinner upon arrival.
13. Various extra curriculum activities and social activities.
14. Free Weekly Chinese lessons with EF Chinese Town.
15. On-going training and academic support.
16. Promotion opportunities across the nine schools at EF Xi'an.
17. Funded opportunities to take the Cambridge DELTA, Trinity Diploma and the Cambridge TKT exams.
18. Flexible and caring management coupled with continuous teacher training and development.
19. Annual summer staff retreat and Gala dinner party.
20. Fantastic career development opportunities both here in Xi'an and as part of the world's largest private language school.
1. Candidates must have a recognized teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) certification.
2. A Bachelor Degree is required.
3. A clean background check is required.
4. EFL classroom experience is also desirable, but not essential. In some cases, extensive relevant TEFL experience can be considered in lieu of formal TEFL qualifications.
5. Above all else, candidates should be enthusiastic, committed, positive and sociable.
6. To apply, please enclose your CV, and a recent photo or a copy of your passport page.
How to apply
All successful applicants will be provided with a list of email addresses of all of the current teachers here.
For more details, please visit our website www.efxian.com