EF Changsha, part of the largest education group in the world, is a newly built school equipped with the latest technology and learning tools. EF Changsha's school manager is bringing over 10 years of experience within the EF network, having owned and run other EF schools in China.
EF Changsha offers a range of courses across all levels and abilities. Our main focus is on young learners aged 3 to 14 years old and we also offer courses to teenagers and adult students. Emphasis is placed on providing an engaging and varied learning experience to all students. Course materials are backed up with a large collection of teaching resources. Teacher training and on-going academic support is also given the highest priority.
Contract duration: 12 months
• Maximum 20 hours teaching per week
• Work 5 days a week
• Assist in placement testing and interviewing new students
• Use audio/video materials in classes & lesson planning
• Attend centre social events
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
CHANGSHA - THE CITY
Changsha is the capital city of Hunan Province, just south of central China and is situated in the river valley along the Xiang river. The city's history can be traced back to 3000 years ago, the tomb relics standing as witness to ancient human activity in the area. Along with these ancient tombs the experts also located silk products, paintings, potteries, bamboo slips for writing, weapons and herbs, which can all be visited at the Hunan Provincial Museum.
The people of Changsha boast of having the finest cuisine in China as they spend a lot of time preparing and eating various kinds of food. What sets its apart is its fine, delicate appearance and hot, sour taste. Changsha people are also famous for their acting and have created many different traditional folk performances of their own including local operas, storytelling, drum opera, acrobatics and other dramatic styles.
Today, most of the entertainment houses in the city present dynamic and entertaining performances with a blend of traditional essence and modern flare. There are romantic and quiet bars, dynamic show bars, tea houses, western-style restaurants and much more in this vibrant city.
Salary and benefits
• Basic salary: 12000 to 16000 RMB
• 2000 RMB housing allowance or free housing
• Monthly performance bonuses of up to 1500 RMB
Additional contract completion bonus: 13000 RMB which includes flight allowance and also a loyalty bonus of 3000 RMB.
• Legal Z work visa
• Legal residence permit
• Work visa fee and document authentication fee reimbursement 4000 RMB
• Airport/train station pick up and help settling in
• Housing ready and fully furnished upon arrival
• Free worldwide coverage health insurance (Aetna) and medical check
• General day-to-day support without knowing Chinese (bank account, mobile phone, shopping, doctors...)
• Holidays: 10 days + all national holidays (total = 21+ depending on length of service)
• Paid sick leave
• Career development opportunities both here in Changsha and as a part of the world's largest private language school
• Opportunities for free internationally recognised qualifications, such as TKT, YL
• Free city-wide team building activities
• Annual gala party / award ceremony
• Bachelor degree and teaching certificate preferred.
• Clear pronunciation and teaching experience needed.
• 1-2 years teaching experience preferred but not essential.
• 120 hour TEFL / TESOL / CELTA qualification preferred.
• Notarized and clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months.
• A desire to work hard and play hard!
How to apply
For more information about Changsha, have a look at these sites: